Wednesday 21 December 2016

Season's Greetings

Our employees have been sitting mock GCSE exams in preparation for their formal exams next year, but we’ve still found time to indulge in some festive fun. Below you can see a few more creations from our BTEC Art and Design students.
















In more good news, Year 11 employee Precious has been reflecting on her work experience placement at BFI Southbank in October. Here’s what she thought of the opportunity…


‘My work experience placement was at the British Film Institute. My responsibilities were…

· Supporting children's animation workshops
· Preparing and assembling equipment
· Printing pictures for the children to use
· Keeping the children on schedule

I had to work from 9 until 2 each day, with an optional film screening at the end of each day.’

When asked if the placement was relevant to her line of learning at Passport and/or her career aspirations…

‘Both. Camerawork and art practices that I’ve learned at Passport meant that I was familiar with the equipment at the BFI. Working with children was good for my current career plan (youth work) as I’d like to work with the same age group in future.

I learned the necessary communication techniques needed for working with young people. I also learned about the animation process and workflow.

I enjoyed meeting staff there and gaining contacts inside and outside the BFI. It was also nice to interact with young people. I enjoyed learning about animation as it was new to me and I’m going to be studying it at Passport next year, so I already have a head start. I didn’t like waking up earlier than usual and travelling further than I normally need to!’

From all of the staff at Passport to Employability, we hope you have a restful Christmas break, and we look forward to a productive new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment